Wednesday, January 11, 2012

time marches on

It's no secret that I tend to get a little emotional when I think about how much Graham has grown. About how the baby in him is just, well, gone. About how I sometimes peruse pictures and videos of his babyhood and let myself just cry. About how I used to get so excited over each and every milestone, but now I don't want to see anymore milestones. I simply want time to stop.

But, alas, time marches on, and today I realized that maybe that's not such a bad thing after all. Today, I discovered something wonderful about Graham growing up. It is completely revolutionary, and my life will never, ever, be the same.

Today, I discovered that Graham can vacuum!

And he likes it!

He vacuumed the entire kitchen/living room area while I washed the dishes. I gotta figure out how to use this discovery to my advantage and try to get him to continue to like it, rather than giving in to the temptation of making him do all the vacuuming from here on out and consequently squashing his love for it.


Oh, and I guess I should also mention that he is really starting to grasp this whole reading thing, which is pretty awesome to witness.

And, I overheard him uttering several Italian phrases today. Hey, maybe he's a bilingual genius! I kid, I kid.

Anyway, the moral of this story is that I suppose watching your kid grow up can be quite amazing.

No, really the moral of the story is that I may never have to vacuum again!

No comments:

Post a Comment