Saturday, August 11, 2012

good to be king

 

All the laundry from our road trip is finally clean after being home for six days! Yay! Whether it's all put away or not is another story. 

Now, I have some time to tell you a few more things we did on our trip. Like, this palace, for instance.



It is one of three built by King Ludwig II. A king who had enough funds to build a fake cave in its gardens. I was so freaked out by it, that I didn't even take a picture. Trust me. It was strange.

I did take a picture of this neat Moroccan House that was originally built in Morocco and taken to Germany by the king.

 

Graham likes to play prince and princess these days, so we wandered the gardens in the rain and imagined being royal and rich and living a life of luxury. It was a nice feeling.
 



It got me to pondering about what I'd do if I were a king and had enough funds and power to build palaces all over Germany. I couldn't decide exactly what I'd do other than feed the world's children and buy a farm or something, but I do know what I wouldn't do. I absolutely would NOT build a generic cave in my backyard. Not ever. Complete waste of time and money. Geeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment