Thursday, June 2, 2011

an email to my mom

I was thinking about what to blog about today, June 2nd, Festa della Repubblica, a national holiday for Italy celebrating the day in 1946 that Italians voted in favor of the republican form of government, and realized that I just wrote everything I'd like to blog in a quick email to my mom.

So, I'm doing something a little different today and blogging the email I just wrote...

It went a little something like this:

Hey Mama,
How are you feeling? I tried calling you on Monday. Did you get my message? All of a sudden it is Thursday, now, and I haven't talked to you in awhile. Time is just flying. I mean, it's already been one year since we left Oklahoma. Crazy.

We have a friend, who happens to be an (online) ordained minister coming into town today. He'll be here for a week. I need to start cleaning the house!


We were planning to take our friend to Tuscany over the weekend, but Vice President Biden is coming to Naples for a day (not really sure why, exactly), so Tony might have to go into work on Saturday to listen to him speak. Kind of cool, but also pretty annoying, because a one hour speech is ruining our whole weekend. Tony is going to figure out just how mandatory it is that he attend the speech.

I went ceramic shopping in Veitri yesterday, which is on the Amalfi Coast. Then, I went to a "girl's night" at a wine bar. It's pretty crazy that this is my life. I'm just living it up. I'm doing it for you!



 

I hope to hear good news from you. I hope that some of your pain is going away. Tell the boys to take good care of you. Let's try to talk soon. I love you and miss you and think about you every single time I do something cool over here, which is rather frequently.

peace,
Katherine

*For those who don't know, my mom recently had an emergency surgery on her colon. The surgery went well and she is home recovering, now. Please send some positive vibes and prayers her way.*

No comments:

Post a Comment