Monday, September 17, 2012

rewinding to recap





Okay, so, I'm a little behind on the blog... Of course.

Two weekends ago, as in September 8 and 9, we took a hike to where we could see all of Garmisch and ate some delicious apple strudel and Alaina tried to drink beer.

The next day, we went to the very top of the highest mountain in Germany and spent the whole day there. It was gorgeous (duh) and sunny and fun.





 We didn't hike to the top, though, (duh). We took a fancy cable car. Once we stepped out of the cable car, we were given the opportunity to hike over the the very tippy, tippy, tippy top (also known as the summit). I was scared and unsure and didn't know what to do, but Graham kept telling me he wanted to make it to the "gold thing." I just kept telling him to "focus and hold the rope!" I was literally shaking with fear, which was weird for me. I'm getting more terrified in my old age, I think. Or, maybe it has something to do with being a mom. Or maybe it was because I was on some really slippery rocks on the top of a very large mountain. I don't know, but I was really, really nervous up there.

 

After we made it safe and sound, we were going back over a very narrow ridge and Graham kept saying things like, "Mom, if I fell, I could break my neck."

"Graham! Can you stop talking like that! I am scared! HOLD THE ROPE! HOLD THE ROPE!"



I think I've mentioned that I was scared, and I was also a little annoyed with the way Graham was talking, but deep down, I was proud of my fearless little man.


 

More recapping to come...

1 comment:

  1. "The hills are alive, with the sound of music." Please tell me that you did not miss your chance at doing a "Julie Andrews" twirl and verse when you were up there. Love the pic of Dad & Daughter sharing a brew. Graham likes living on the edge, eh? Yall had him climbing Mt. Vecuvious when he was 3. If he didn't scare you, he wouldn't be doing his job. And if you weren't scared, you wouldn't be doing your job.

    ReplyDelete