Wednesday, December 7, 2011

a head of cauliflower

My dad keeps putting videos of Graham as an 8-9 month old baby on our facebook page. I appreciate them. I really do. It is so fun to look back at my baby.

The only problem is that he is not a baby anymore.

 

So, as an emotional pregnant lady, they are causing me to look at these pictures (most of them taken while we were Paris, so you get to see more Paris footage. Yay!) and wish that I could just push pause on life for awhile.

Things are moving too quickly.

 

People are growing too fast.





I mean, as we speak, Graham is hanging out at his buddy's house. Without me. I am no longer needed during his play dates. When did that happen? 



According to the world wide web, the baby that is inside my body is currently the size of a head of cauliflower.


Cauliflower? That's just too big! It seems like yesterday that it was just the size of a piece of rice! Why must the world turn so quickly? 

 

Where does the time go?



In three, short months, this baby will no longer be inside of me. It will be out here. In this world. Continuing to grow.

 

And, so. When the frustrations and discomforts and tiredness (and boy, have I been tired this go-around) of pregnancy start to get to me, I try to remember to embrace these moments and enjoy the calm before the storm of having a newborn plus this little rascal in the house.

The gash above his eye is from falling off a bed in a hotel room. Someone really needs to explain the importance of being still while sleeping to this child!

 Because, before I know it, my kids will be 35 and I'll still be watching their baby videos while weeping over my spoonfuls of Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge frosting...

Not that I've been known to do things like that or anything. 

 
If you don't hear from me for awhile, call for help. I may or may not be drowning in chocolate frosting. 

2 comments:

  1. Graham's head in the leaves looks like a drunk Tony! hahaha Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure do miss you guys!!!

    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete