Wednesday, July 20, 2011

rock in roma

Source
I used to believe that it was all the pot smoke floating in the air that contributed to the high I've felt after attending Ben Harper concerts (I've seen him five times, now), but after last night, I no longer think that theory is true. Now, I can say with good amount of certainty that it is purely the music that leaves me feeling high.

When Ben Harper stepped away from the mic and onto the front of the stage where it was pouring down rain, and he silenced the audience and sang the lyrics (remember, without a mic, and we could all still hear him), "What is hard is much too true, and what is true is much too hard, so tell me where could I go but to the Lord," I knew that I was being taken away by his presence and his talent. Not by the marijuana vapors in the air.

Not to mention that prior to this performance, I got to hear Robert Plant sing, "Ramble On," among other great classics, as well as some of his new stuff.

I'm still deciding whether or not the whole thing was just a big, wonderful dream.

I figure there is only one way to confirm whether it was a dream or reality: I'm going to see them both again in a few days in Verona.


Because, after all, I've just gotta aaaaaa

RAMBLE ON,

and now's the time, the time is now

SING MY SONG,

I'm goin' 'round the world, I gotta find my girl

ON MY WAY,

I've been this way ten years to the day

RAMBLE ON,

gotta find the queen of all my dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment