Monday, August 22, 2011
what do to with 6 short hours in Amsterdam when you are pregnant and have a 4-year-old in tow
1) Find a spot near the canals to eat some delicious international cuisine. We chose French, and we were very happy, but I think I saw almost every part of the world represented in restaurants in Amsterdam. We even saw a Tibetan restaurant.
2) Frantically search for a bike rental place with the best deal in town. Then, after walking for an hour or so, decide to just rent one from the next place you see. Make sure they have a good helmet for your kid. The brighter, the better.
3) Ride your bike across town and make sure to go through the parks and take a whiff or two of the marijuana at the coffee shops. Try not to let the smell make you throw up.
4) Drag your 4-year-old through the Van Gogh museum. Literally. Grab him by both hands, let him slide his feet on the floor, and drag him.
5) Act a little weird, because anything goes in Amsterdam.
7) Swiftly ride past the home of Ann Frank and glance at it, but don't bother taking pictures. You won't have time.
6) Stop at a flower shop and yell at your husband to hurry up and get some bulbs before your bikes are due back at the rental shop.
8) Enjoy the sights of the house boats as you make your way on foot back to the train station. Again, do not take pictures, because you won't have time.
9) Plan another trip to Amsterdam, because you need more time to see it all and enjoy it.
Posted by Blaine Family at 11:59 AM