Thursday, September 15, 2011

decision made.... ish

I've decided that I am being a bit uptight about this whole preschool thing. I've realized that my expectations for my son to be a well-rounded genius who is going to save the world and end war by the time he's five are just a tad bit ridiculous. I need to lighten up and give this preschool down the road a chance, so that is exactly what I am going to do.

Today is his last day at the other daycare/preschool. Tomorrow, we will march ourselves over to the one near our house and sign him up to start there on Monday.

I'm going to need your support, though, because in order for me to actually accomplish this, I need to get rid of the fears that my son is just going to get hit and picked on by aggressive Neapolitan boys. They treat discipline very differently over here, especially with boys. They just say, "boys will be boys" and let them hit each other. I really don't want this to happen to Graham and for him to become violent and aggressive as a result, because we all know that he is sweet as pie, and I don't want that to change.

I mean, how is he supposed to learn how to end war and bring peace to the world if he learns it is alright to hit in preschool???

1 comment:

  1. Given my being a girl and not a parent, here is my astute opinion. I think Graham will be just fine...from what I've seen (again, I am only 28 and not many of my friends have kids - ha!), kids behaviors are most influenced by what happens at home. Plus, this will give you and Tony teaching opportunities esp. with how to deal with mean people - let's be honest, he'd have to face them at some point! But I'm thinking and hoping that he will charm the pants off everyone. And if he ends up playing with the girls, ain't nothin' wrong with that. :)

    ReplyDelete