Wednesday, November 3, 2010

adventures with "mama graham"


The summer Graham was born, Lauren headed off to Mwanza, Tanzania. She learned that mothers in that neck of the woods get dubbed "Mama Name of Their First Child." So, if I were living in Tanzania, which I'm not, I would be called "Mama Graham" until the end of time, even if I had ten more kids.

From thus, sprang an idea for a little series on this blog. Since I am currently a stay-at-home mom in a place where everything is an adventure, I thought that I would start taking Graham on day trips to discover all the sights surrounding us.

Yesterday, Graham and I got lost in the steam in the crater of the Volcano Sulfatara. We imagined we were street salesmen selling rocks to one another and then we dined on our picnic of pumpkin bread before testing our balance on the bridge at the playground.


The most adventurous part was driving around in circles until we finally spotted the entrance to this place. It's strange, because it is right in the middle of busy Pozzuoli, and it's only about 10 minutes away from our house. Not somewhere you would imagine seeing a volcanic crater.

I started with something relatively easy, because getting around here really can be a headache at times. As I get more courageous, perhaps our adventures will be more exciting.

So stay tuned!


Oh, and we also discovered that an iphone still takes pretty good photos even when you're not using it for phone service...

Who woulda thought!

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Mama Graham, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! We love you and love to read your blog!!!!!! We are so happy to hear you are settling into your home. Love you dearly, Mama Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! for iphone and for "mamma bo-see-phus" huga&lova

    ReplyDelete