Tuesday, November 2, 2010

our view


Turns out I had a bar or two left on the 'ol camera battery, so I snapped these from my patio as the sun was setting. I know, I find myself gazing in disbelief, too. Several times a day, I just sit and stare and think about how grateful I am.

Above is Lake Fusaro, and the dots you see are traps for muscles. The island in the distance is Ischia.

I'm not sure if I've explained that we found us a nice spot in the "country," just a few minutes away from all the hustle and bustle. We are surrounded by citrus trees, grape vines, gardens, chickens, and lots of roosters. The vineyards and groves are not quite as picturesque as Tuscany, but we are growing to love the southern Italian roughness. We are able to jog to and around a lake (not the one in the picture, a different one), and we are allowed to pick limes, lemons, and oranges from our landlord's trees just outside our front gate.

Thought you might enjoy a little glimpse into our Italian life.

Ciao, ya'll.




1 comment:

  1. Wow, absolutely breathtaking! I would love to come visit you sometime! I love the adventures with Graham, too. He will always treasure those memories of time with his mama!

    ReplyDelete