Monday, March 7, 2011

king cake??

I know you're just dyyying to find out how my attempt at creating a king cake went today. You can stop holding your breath, because I am about to tell you.

It didn't happen. I didn't even attempt it.

Um, well, you see, I sorta got a soar throat, which sorta made me not want to do anything, and making a king cake is quite a lot of work, so I didn't do it.

Instead, we made another Mardi Gras favorite: pancakes. And then we put chocolate chips in them. And then we put frosting on them. And then I discovered how difficult it is to make food look good in photographs, especially when you have no natural light. And then I realized just how talented all those food bloggers are that I love so much. And then I decided not to show you my picture, but to tell you that it looked sort of like this:


And then I poured frosting on my pancakes.

And then ate them.

And then I'll probably eat some more on Fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment