Wednesday, January 4, 2012

blog therapy

I've been a bit of a Debbie Downer the past couple of days. All I've been able to focus on are the discomforts of this pregnancy and how I miss my family and friends. I've just been sitting around the house twiddling my thumbs, because, well, all you hard working folks out there are going to be jealous when I say this, but I am bored. I'm sorry. I know. I mean, I could go out exploring Naples, but I am getting sort of tired of this feeling of purposelessness that being unemployed has plagued me with. Lately, I've been allowing that feeling to somewhat paralyze me. I feel stuck. Anyone know of any good jobs that I can do from home????

But, I don't think you visit this blog to listen to a Negative Nancy. So today, I am trying to change my tune.

I'm simply going to list the positives.

My boys.


 Sunsets outside my front window.
A healthy baby in my belly.
Italy.
The five hours I spent skyping with my mom over the weekend.
Books.
Blogging.
Graham's friend's mom who invited Graham over to play today.
Tea.
Hot showers.
Hmm, actually, I think I will go enjoy one of those right now.

 

Thanks for being my therapists today. I'm already feeling a little better.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Mama Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to you Katherine...what a beautiful post to remind us to focus on the glass being half full. It's all too easy to notice what's missing. Take good care of yourself and the little one!

    ReplyDelete