Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tony's birthday/MLK Jr. weekend


Tony's birthday is one of my all time favorite things to celebrate (it was last Sunday. Sorry for the delay in posting). Every year, I reflect upon what my life might be like if he were never born. Selfish, I know, but aside from my mother who brought me into the world, nobody has impacted my life as much as Tony. Plus, it always falls on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (they have the same birthday), so you get an extra day added to your weekend, which is never a bad thing.


This year, all I could do was pinch myself and think that, without Tony, I most definitely would not have been hiking along the Amalfi Coast, eating looong Italian lunches with friends, or visiting wineries in Taurasi, Italy.

 

Oh, and I probably wouldn't be pregnant. And there would definitely be no Graham. And I'm not sure  that I would completely understand the meaning of love, which means I might just hate everything, and that would be terrible.

"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.”
Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings and Speeches

 

Thanks for illuminating my life, Tony.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment