Wednesday, May 23, 2012

suze orman hates babies


I don't have a lot of interest in finances or wealth or numbers or counting. Blah. Boring. That's why I have a liberal arts degree.

So, naturally, when I saw that Suze Orman was coming to the base where Tony works, I said, "I think I'll sign myself up to go to her money class." And I did.

This morning, when it came time to go to her class, I thought, "What am I doing? I don't even like money." But, I got myself dressed. Got the kids fed and dressed and got out the door (no small feat). I dropped Graham at school and hopped on the "tange" (the highway that leads to the base where Tony works and goes through the heart of Naples) where I fought traffic for nearly an hour.

I drove around the base looking for a parking place for another hour with a crying, hungry baby in the back seat. So many times, I thought, "Just go home, Katherine. Where you belong." Then I'd remember that I do have a degree of persistence somewhere deep inside myself and say, "No, Katherine. You can do this." After driving around two very full garages two times each and making several embarrassing, sweat provoking attempts to parallel park (and several more embarrassing attempts at spelling "parallel"), I was certainly going to give up. Until a man came rushing to my rescue exclaiming, "No. DON'T GO! I'm just about to leave. You can have my spot!"

Perfect. I knew Suze and I were destined to meet and share ideas about how to manage my family's money. Whew. So glad I didn't give up.

Until a woman literally shut the door of the theater where Suze was talking in my face and proclaimed, "No babies allowed."

Well. I still had to feed Alaina, which is something I was going to do while listening to Suze, and I'd be damned if I was going to let her totally ruin my day. So, I went to the neat little coffee hut that Tony raves about and got myself a cappuccino to enjoy while I fed my baby. I was thrilled to have a chance to finally try one of these perfectly delicious concoctions that Tony and all the sophisticated people I know with jobs speak so fondly of. I couldn't wait to be able to join the conversations about this particular hut's perfect cappuccino....

And then it burnt my tongue.

Yay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment