Wednesday, February 29, 2012

waiting on the world to change

I guess I'm a walking puzzle that can't be solved. Rarely does a woman walk around this dilated and effaced without going into labor. My doctor is confused. I'm confused. Tony's confused. Everyone is simply stumped.

I'm still as healthy as can be, though, and actually have another week until my due date, so there is nothing to be too concerned about and no need to take any drastic measures or anything...

I wish I could say I feel great, but I can't. Well, I can. Sometimes. It's up and down. At times, I have bursts of energy and feel strong and think profound thoughts. Thoughts like, when a child is born, the entire world changes. It is monumental. Mind-blowing. Other times, I am numb and my mind is blank and I just want to sit and stare at nothingness. Those are the times when all the songs I know with the word "waiting" in them come into my head and just run over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again.

And that's where I'm at right now. Singing this song in my head. Over and over and over....

Thanks for listening. Let's hope the next post is one with a picture of a newborn!


1 comment: