Thursday, September 2, 2010

nutrition


E dopo un battito d'ali ..., originally uploaded by RoBeRtO!!!.

As I was looking up the weather in Florence for this weekend, um, yes, I said Florence. For real. Because that is where we are going this weekend. I don't think it will ever seem real to me. No matter how many times I write it. Okay, back to the story. As I was looking up the weather, I saw an advertisement on the side that said "4 foods to avoid if you want to be thin!" Always a sucker for nutritional and diet information, I clicked on it. Harmless, right? Wrong. Immediately, the computer began screaming at me, literally, that "sugar is the enemy," and "don't eat pasta because it just turns into sugar in your body!" I spent a half an hour listening to this power-point lecture advertisement about which foods are good food for your metabolism and which foods mess everything up. I started thinking about how I could eliminate some of the messed up foods from my diet. For twenty minutes, I dreamed of cooking with quinoa and how to get Graham to eat spelt. Then I woke up and realized that I live in Italy, I want to live life, and pasta is Graham's favorite food. So, I went into the kitchen and made a heaping pile of pasta to feast upon for dinner.
The end.

1 comment:

  1. good for you katherine, live life on the edge...of your kitchen

    ReplyDelete