Tuesday, September 14, 2010

something I enjoy

For the past several months, I've been living in limbo with no house to take care of and no job to attend to, so that has left me with some much-appreciated spare time. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, watching movies, long walks, and most recently, blogging.

One of the things I absolutely love to read is The Sun Magazine. Tony's dad got us a subscription as a Christmas gift a couple of years ago, and I daresay it is one of the best gifts I've ever received. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving. We've since renewed our subscription and passed it along as gifts to people we love.

What is The Sun Magazine, you ask? It is is literary magazine with interviews, essays, short stories, poems, photographs, and quotations. My favorite section is "Reader's Write," where readers who are not necessarily authors submit their stories about a common topic. For example, this month's topic is "beauty."

The stories sometimes make me cry, sometimes make me laugh, and always make me think. As it's mantra states, the magazine is "Personal. Political. Provocative. Ad-free."

Just thought I'd share something I enjoy. Maybe you'll like it, too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey K,Have you seen Oct. issue yet? Cover photo was taken near Po River Valley. "The Primitive Tongue of a Lesser Species" is very touching. Bet you miss Suzzie. My Bong is a blackberry muncher, too. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete