Thursday, December 2, 2010

a love letter

Dear Innsbruck, Austria,

It was dark when I first met you, but the snow was falling and everything felt perfectly romantic. Then, you fed me tandoori chicken at your local Indian restaurant over candlelight and I began to feel that tingle through my whole body that tells me I am falling in love.

When I awoke the next morning and stepped outside my room for a morning jog, I was so struck by your beauty that I gasped out loud and then giggled and jumped for joy. I knew I was absolutely in love. Your mountains covered in a new blanket of snow. Your raging river flowing right through the middle of your adorable town. Your sidewalk salters, pedestrian pathways cleared of snow and ice, enormous and kid-friendly parks, labeled bicycle lanes, and efficient public transportation were almost too much for my heart to handle.







And then, you really blew my mind with your Christmas market and traditional Austrian cuisine. I had to stop and catch my breath! I beg you, will you please, please, please give me an opportunity to truly be with you and get to know you someday. I know distance is a problem right now, but we could work things out, right??

Just give us a chance.

I love you.

I really love you.



You. Complete. Me.

All my love,
Ramblin' Mama Graham

1 comment:

  1. I went when I was 16 on a school trip and I don't think I was quite ready then to really be thankful for it's beauty and appeal. Your pictures are just gorgeous, Katherine! Have a wonderful rest of your trip and I have a good idea for a southern Italy adventure to plan when you get back. I'll email you the details if you're interested. :) xo, Megan

    ReplyDelete