Friday, August 20, 2010

bellissimo angelo


bellissimo angelo, originally uploaded by akblaine.

I appreciate people helping us decide on what to do with Graham's hair, because we just can't get up the nerve to cut it. Everywhere we go, Italian people swarm around him and say, "Bellissimo Angelo!!!" Translate: "Beautiful Angel." Then, they go on about his curls and hold his hair in their hands and kiss his cheeks. I also love to hold his hair in my hands and kiss his cheeks, but I do not like to comb his hair twice a day everyday. My dear friend, Lauren, pointed out to me on Skype yesterday, "Katherine, you only ever comb your own hair like once a month! Graham's hair is so high maintenance! You hate high maintenance!"
These two sides of the scale make it hard for Tony and I to decide what to do. I know, I know, hair grows back. It's not the end of the world. I know. I KNOW! Sometimes I just feel like Graham's hair symbolizes the character of Graham, and I don't want to ruin it. Am I making this to big a deal?
The majority of votes so far say to give him a little trim. I think that's what we'll do, since that was my vote, too.
Thanks, everyone, for voting. And keep the votes coming, because Lord knows that even though we've made a decision, we have to do some procrastinating now, so we're not going to be hopping over to a barber anytime very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment