Friday, August 6, 2010

with a little help from my friends

When we first arrived in Oklahoma, I remember feeling cold, alone, pregnant, and at a loss for what I was going to do with my time while Tony was out working. But then I met some Oklahomans like these guys,


who showed me how to have fun no matter what the conditions, and couples like this



who assured me that love is alive and well, and friends like these


who listened to me moan and weep while Tony was away, and who could truly understand what I was going through.
Having just arrived in Italy, I am feeling similar to how I felt when we got to Oklahoma, minus the pregnant and cold part. It is hot here, and I am NOT pregnant. I have many sites to explore, a language to learn, and a new culture to enjoy, but I can't help but miss my friends and wonder if I'll ever find happiness here in Italy the way I did in Oklahoma.
Thanks to all the friends who helped me get by in Oklahoma... I miss you dearly.
p.s. there are several friends not pictured here, but don't worry, I'm thinking about you, too, and you'll get your chance to be in the spotlight!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too girl!!! Thanks for saying all those sweet things, and of course you will find wonderful people in Italy, it is Italy for pete's sake! -Jenna

    ReplyDelete