Thursday, August 26, 2010

not yet

Disappointment. That was what the meeting with the job-hunt-helper lady brought me today. She again confirmed the fact that it is just not possible for me to counsel people here in Naples. Ugh. It was so frustrating to walk by the officers of the counselors and read about the services they offer and know that I am capable of doing the same work they are doing, but be unable to do it due to the lack of open positions and my lack of a license. If you are wondering why I do not have a license, yet, it is because it takes close to 2 years to complete enough "direct service hours" post-graduation. I worked for one year, then moved to another country, which didn't allow me enough time to complete these hours. I've passed the tests and completed the education, so it is so frustrating to still be in a position where I cannot do the work I want to do. I suppose it is just not my time, yet, to further my career. Not yet. It will come, though. I know it will. For now, perhaps it is time for me to just let go, sit back, and enjoy what life has in store for me and my family.
Recent quote I read and enjoyed:
"Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future."
-Audrey Hepburn- hahaha! Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment